Voltalia is reinforcing our project development team in Egypt where we have identified significant opportunities in both greenfield project development and on-site development for large electricity consumers such as large industrial plants, large service providers (telco, IT, Banking, etc) and in the agriculture sector.
In this context, we are searching for a Head of Development, able to lead the development team, significantly expand the project development pipeline, cultivate and follow-up leads and generate new ones, secure the development of the projects, oversee all permitting activities and other authorizations, , secure sites and enter in to land agreements and options and to negotiate and close the deals.
Reporting to the Country Manager Egypt, he/she will have the following responsibilities:
- Spearhead the project development team to Identify, develop and evaluate new projects and opportunities for solar, wind, storage and hybrid technologies in Egypt.
- Focus on (i) development of greenfield projects, from prospecting sites, undertaking studies, securing land, obtaining necessary permits and authorizations, securing grid access, scouting and negotiating power purchase agreements, preparing internal investment proposals that comply with the company’s internal investment guidelines and taking projects through financial close; and (ii) identifying large electricity users, developing dedicated renewable energy power plants to meet their needs, preparing layouts, negotiating power purchase agreements, securing all necessary permits and authorizations, preparing internal investment proposals that comply with the company’s internal investment guidelines and taking projects through financial close.
- Manage the development team, overseas development activity and manage the sales leads to achieve the objectives, execute the strategy, address the priorities, and comply with the budget agreed with the Head of Europe & Africa Affiliates and the Country Manager of the Territory , to transpose those objectives and priorities in to detailed operational and/or action plans for each member of the development team.
- Manage the project development team to ensure we have the necessary people, processes and systems in place, that all employees are aware of and aligned with the objectives and priorities for the development of Voltalia’s Business in Egypt, that there is a clarity of purpose and opportunities for professional development for those employees, and that those employees are well integrated into Voltalia’s activities and aware of and aligned with Voltalia’s values and mission.
- Foster, develop and maintain excellent business relations with electricity authorities in Egypt, namely EETC, Egypt ERA and NREA.
- Determine strategic key target sectors, present Voltalia in front of large consumers in Industry, Services (Banking, Tourism, Distribution, Retail, etc.) and Agriculture; Engage with primary potential clients to gather business and technical requirements, determine business needs and develop appropriate renewable energy solutions that adds value to designated clients;
- Identify, lead and manage local authorities within governorates where solar and wind projects are forecasted, that includes establishing direct communication with local mayors and administration officials to secure lands for future renewable projects.
- Contribute to Country’s strategic planning and budgeting process, by developing and securing an initial pipeline of Hundreds of MW from corporate clients.
- Work with Voltalia internal and external BL teams in all the technical, legal and commercial activities necessary for the success of the projects namely Due Diligences, negotiations, technical development, company presentation, etc.;
- Prepare, review and present the investment proposal for concrete opportunities to Voltalia’s Executive Committee.
- Full awareness of Renewable Energy Industry insights, business intelligence and market analysis.
- Foster a lean, efficient and performant working environment within the various internal BL teams, where employees feel valued and are encouraged to contribute to solutions, and where a respectful, safe and collaborative work environment is always promoted.
- Maintain and promote values, strength and reputation of company and its business lines in markets of responsibility
- Confirmed experience (+ 10 years) in Solar and/or wind Green Field projects for large corporate clients in Egypt
- Confirmed experience (+ 10 years) in project management, PMP qualification is a plus.
- Proven track record managing focused teams of +5 people.
- Engineering and/or Business degree
- Fluent in Arabic and English, French is a plus.
- Driving License.
- Excellent knowledge of the Egyptian electrical sector, regulation and regulatory environment;
- Sales and growth oriented attitude;
- Positive attitude and motivational skills to enhance efficiency and collaboration between business lines.
- Leadership capacity, team player, presentable & confident.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ethical with drive to succeed.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Open minded, Willing to receive and accept feedback, as well as giving constructive criticism to peers
To Apply from HERE: