وظائف برنامج الاغذية العالمي التابع للامم المتحدة بالقاهرة
World food programme
Administration Officer, Cairo
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
University degree in Business/Public Administration/Engineering, or other relevant fields relating to office management and administration.
Master degree/post-graduation studies will be considered as an added advantage.
At least 5 years of professional experience with progressive responsibilities in the area of Administration is required.
Experience in administrative environment with highly recognized private sector and/or Public Sector including multinational, and/or International is also required.
Experience in dealing with Government Protocol Institutions would be an added advantage.
Experience in the engineering field (Civil/EEE) would be an added advantage.
Experience in providing direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in both English and Arabic.
To contribute to daily planning and delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to and implement WFP country/regional plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration service.
2. Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
3. Carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
4. Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management,etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
5. Facilitate the compliance of the services provided with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and contribute to the provision of recommendations to the management on improvements/changes.
6. Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
7. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
8. Build and maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
9. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners through the organisation or design of trainings, work shops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
11. Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
التقديم من هنا