Culture Resource (Al Mawred Al Thaqafy) seeks a highly motivated individual for a fulltime position of:
Job title: Senior Accountant – Full time position.
The Senior Accountant will be mainly involved in the implementation and the supervision of Culture Resource’s financial and accounting procedures. This position reports to the Deputy Director and the organization’s financial consultant
• Preparing expenses documents, as well as all expenses procedures (Bank transfers, cheques,.. etc.).
• Monitoring and controlling all payments and financial transactions, as well as supervising documents and payment procedures.
• Preparing monthly and annual financial reports to senior managers, board of directors and external auditor.
• Monitoring all bank accounts and revising bank accounts statements.
• Tracking the cash flow and ensure its timely reception and revising all its documentation.
• Conduct bookkeeping and work closely with the organization’s accountant.
• Follow-up of financial commitments to donors and the preparation of donors financial reports.
• Executing, managing, monitoring and controlling the accounting software.
• Track financial commitments with donors and funders and provide financial grant reports.
• Develop financial procedures to achieve the most effective financial and management performance.
• A degree in accounting and at least five years of practical work experience in the same field.
• A previous experience with non-profit organizations budgeting and financial standards and systems is also required.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn about the legal frameworks concerning non-profit organizations financial management.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is a plus.
• Proficiency of computer accounting and financial management programs with at least one year experience of working with one of them. Preference s for the knowledge of the “QuickBooks” program.
• Proficiency of different basic computer programs.
• Exemplary organizational and time management skills.
• Logical thinking and decision making skills in addition to the ability to conduct self-directed work and to work independently and collaboratively in creative team environment.
• Ability to work extra time when needed.
• Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Please send detailed resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 15th of April, 2013