تعلن مؤسسة دوار ايجيبت الثقافية عن حاجتها الى شغل وظائف محاسبين براتب يبدا من 4000 – 6000 جنيه
Call for a Senior Accountant | Dawar
Dawar is an Egyptian cultural organisation, dedicated to the promotion of creativity and community building through arts-based education and cultural programming.
We are currently looking for a skilled and reliable Senior Accountant who would like to join our team.
You should be familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations. Our ideal candidate demonstrates interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable. You should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures.
If you love numbers, and are interested in people, arts and culture then this is the job for you!
DURATION: 1 year full time [renewable]
SALARY RANGE: 4000 LE – 6000 LE
The roles and responsibilities listed below are an overview of the position and are not inclusive of all duties that may arise.
• Records accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Keeps accurate record of all daily transactions
• Prepares balance sheets
• Prepares and pays invoices
• Ensures the timely payment of rent, taxes, utility bills, and other overheads
• Collects fees and other payments from service users
• Updates internal systems with financial data
• Reconciles bank statements
• Participates in financial audits
• Tracks bank deposits and payments
• Assists with budget preparation
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
• Reviews and implements financial policies
• Provides training to other staff to ensure compliance with Dawar’s accounting policies and procedures
• Ensures compliance with all finance and accounting requirements set by contracting agencies
• Prepares workers contracts
• Arranges for the payment of worker fees and staff salaries
• Spots errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Reviews and recommends modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Directs internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Experience using financial software
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Knowledge of financial regulations
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Sharp time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
• Relevant university degree or other professional qualifications/certifications
• Experience in managing accounts for small businesses or NGO’s is preferred
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
• Ability to work independently while being an effective team player
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Dawar is an Egyptian arts-health organization based in Wust el Balad, Cairo. We utilise participatory theatre, therapeutic drama and other arts-based processes for healing, dialogue and societal transformation from the grassroots up. Our practitioners include artists, educators, psychotherapists and health workers from Egypt and abroad. Together we offer a range of initiatives that promote creativity, critical thinking, civic engagement and community cohesion. We also hold regular cultural events including theatre performances, film screenings, art exhibitions, live music and poetry readings. In addition to this, we provide therapeutic services for individuals and communities impacted by violence, adversity and collective trauma. Our training branch offers workshops, seminars and professional training programs in psychodrama, applied theatre, psychotherapy and the performing arts. We also provide consultancy services, internships and research opportunities for students, scholars and practitioners.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
15th November 2017
To Apply – ترسل السيرة الذاتية على
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.