The Multinational Force and Observers (MFO), headquartered in Rome, is an international organization, created by agreement between the Arab Republic of Egypt and the State of Israel, with peacekeeping responsibilities in the Sinai Peninsula.
The mission of the MFO is to supervise the implementation of the security provisions of the Egyptian-Israeli Treaty of Peace and employ best efforts to prevent any violation of its terms.
Vacant Position: NETWORK AND TELEPHONY SPECIALIST
Position Location: Sharm el-Sheikh, Sinai, Egypt
Length of contract: Permanent
Open to: Egyptian Nationals Only
Salary: Starting at LE 18,500 Gross per month
Apply before: 15 April 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
WE ONLY CONSIDER THE APPLICATIONS RECEIVED DIRECTLY BY EMAIL TO: [email protected]
SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Network and Telephony Specialist is required to undertake all servicing and maintenance of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) equipment and associated cabling used by the MFO. He/she is also responsible for servicing and maintaining the telephone network, to include cabling and end devices, in the assigned scope of operations. He/she will assist the Network Infrastructure and Telephony Manager when necessary for overall network and network security policy implementation and provide assistance to colleagues and at other sites if required. The scope of operations includes South Camp and all remote sites, both manned and unmanned, in the Southern sector.
- Provide 1st- and early 2nd-line support for MFO switches, routers, and firewalls associated with the South Camp MFO network.
- Provide 1st- and early 2nd-line support for MFO wireless access points and Motorola/Cambium Point-to-Multipoint and Point-to-Point wireless systems. Interface with network control and management tools as necessary in support of network maintenance and monitoring.
- Bench checking, fault finding and repair of all types of PC systems to BIOS level.
- Maintenance of Fiber Optic, CAT6/5e/5 backbone cabling systems as well as standard copper telephone cabling.
- Installation, removal and repair of telephonic equipment associated to the PBX and voice network as required.
- Preventative and corrective maintenance on all types of telephonic equipment.
- Maintenance of Fiber Optic/UTP/FTP backbone cabling systems.
- Maintains record of all maintenance services, effectively and efficiently, as outlined by ICT Service Desk procedures.
- Travel to remote sites to repair, conduct preventative maintenance and work on new ICT projects as required.
- Performs emergency and out of hours duties as required based on a rotating on-call shift schedule maintained in the section.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High Technical College (4 years) or University graduate in the field on Communications/Electronics/Computer repair. Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching certification required.
- Minimum three years experience in one or more of the following fields: WAN and LAN technologies and equipment. VoIP technologies and equipment. Aware of Workplace Safety procedures.
- Desirable: Basic knowledge of Linux (Centos or Redhat).
- Language: English – must have an excellent working knowledge.
- Competitive Salary
- International Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Annual Cash Performance Awards
- 5 day normal work week (8am to 5pm)
- 21 days annual vacation or 30 days if worked for more than 10 years
- 15 public holidays
- 22 hours of religious leave
- Meals provided on work days
To Apply from HERE: