Corporate Legal Counsel
– Leading the legal department of the company in liaison with the Legal/MENA, Managing lawyers (in-house and external), while ensuring compliance with local laws in Egypt and providing advice on creating/ updating policies and procedures for the Company; ln addition to managing M&A, corporate, contracts, litigation, labor, joint ventures, liquidation of companies and restructuring matters in Egypt.
– Participating in the establishment of strategies, policies and goals for the Legal function in Egypt.
– Deriving and developing medium and short-term plans and executive programs to manage and achieve the Legal function’s goals in Egypt.
– Monitoring the Legal function’s performance against pre-set performance goals to ensure that progress is being made in the desirable direction and preventive/ corrective actions are taken accordingly.
Technical & Executive:
– Leading the legal function in Egypt.
– Dealing with the company major legal issues and taking the necessary actions in solving them while taking into consideration reporting any updates to Legal MENA.
– Supporting the company in taking decisions through providing them with advice on the laws and legislations needed to complete their work.
– Setting the company internal policies to ensure that these policies do not oppose Egypt labor law or any other laws applied.
– Ensuring detection and amicable and smart resolution of potential disputes before reaching to litigation.
– Ensuring current knowledge of international best practices, corporate governance, internal & external laws as well as rules and regulations.
– Following up on the process of distributing the dividends at the end of the year
– Managing all the company legal meetings and litigations in front of the governmental bodies in coordination with the external lawyers.
– Ensuring that licensing and registration of new trademarks, as well as the renewal of finished contracts and agreements are done on the right time.