KAC200830110849 – Staff Nurse (C)
- Performs a range of clinical nursing duties related to the treatment of KAC employees and provides assistance to physicians in receiving patients, diagnosing ailments and carrying out emergency treatment. Includes sterilization and preparation of medical instruments, dressing wounds, giving injections, administration of drugs and medications, monitoring patients’ condition and taking blood pressure, temperature and other readings for preliminary report to supervisor. Informs physicians of relapses or alarming changes in patients’ conditions, if under observation.
- Carries out all physicians’ instructions related to treatment of patients and completes observation sheets. Keeps employee visit record book and performs a range of other duties such as preparing patients for particular procedures, reporting reactions of patients to treatment, and taking appropriate action in emergencies.
- Prepares and maintains clinics as directed, ensuring all necessary supplies and equipment are immediately available for physicians’ use. Also retrieves and returns medical records to and from reception, and guides patients to appropriate area. Prepares patients for examinations as required.
- Carries out other similar or related duties, such as conducting pretreatment examinations and preparing medical charts; accompanying and monitoring patients’ condition during ambulance transportation to hospitals, if needed, preparing monthly statistics on patients’ illnesses, vaccinations and other items derived from registers; ensuring strict conformity to hygiene regulations, providing work direction to janitors, ensuring availability and cleanliness of examination tables, linen, etc., and various items required for nursing care.
- Completion of secondary (12 years) education, followed by 3 years nursing training and certification equivalent to SNR qualification.
- 2 years’ nursing experience.
- Good knowledge of English.