Global Publishing Services (GPS) is part of HSBC Group’s publishing Centre of excellence specializing in web content management, design execution, document presentation formatting and digitization. We are strategically located in Sri Lanka, Philippines, Egypt and China.
The primary role of a Web Content Manager is overall management and accountability for designated websites. The Web Content Manager will be the first point of contact for stakeholders for their day-to-day requirements. The jobholder will be a ‘Final Approver’ in the content publishing workflow – and therefore bear ultimate responsibility for content published on websites. As a Final Approver, a Web Content Manager may be required to be available at short notice for the deployment of emergency notices/announcements, out-of-hours, on weekends or on holidays.
The jobholder is required to have a level of understanding of content management systems used by HSBC, and will have to achieve competency in those systems.
The jobholder’s main responsibilities are:
- Editing and managing content, checking facts, and ensuring overall governance and integrity of content of websites
- Improve site accessibility and search engine optimization
Assist in maintaining and improving website metrics
Manage tagging requirements
Manage incidents and publishing risks
- Help manage Compliance and copyright tracking as required by website owners
- Work with IT teams to identify areas for technical improvement of sites and get these technical changes implemented
- Post-secondary education – either at the degree level or a relevant professional diploma or certificate.
- 5-8 years of experience in digital publishing and in content management systems
- Experience with web metrics systems and industry standard methodology preferred
- Must demonstrate ability to liaise/coordinate with a multidisciplinary interactive development team
HTML & CSS’ experiences are mandatories.
Strong command of written and spoken UK English
- Strong attention to detail even under pressure and ability to meet deadlines
Structured, systematic working style
- Good interpersonal and people skills, and an enthusiasm for teamwork
Positive attitude and keen to learn
- Maintains composure and professionalism in a fast-paced work atmosphere
Flexibility to work different shifts when required
- Available to work overtime on weeknights and weekends if necessary