Budget and Admin Officer
Purpose of the Position
The Budget and Admin Officer will be responsible for reviewing the quality of all financial proposals and follow up with HQ and country offices, on distribution of allocations / funds and provide regular monitoring and update on the utilization of funds. As grant management prepare a monthly analysis to all stakeholders on each award and alert on key issues regularly and as they arise.
*Summary of Assigned Duties
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the development and monitoring of the grants expiry and fund utilization, following up on key performance indicators for monitoring the workplan implementation, awards, budget and funding allocations, and expenditure of AC funds and monitoring the Country Business Model application and implementation.
The incumbent will be responsible for verifying all budgetary and financial transactions in the Global Management System (GSM) for both the core fixable WHE funding and for event responses, in compliance with the rules and regulations of WHO.
· The incumbent will be also supporting the day-to-day budgetary and financial operations of the department including travel related budgets and expenses, monitor encumbrances and coordinating with the Program Assistant and Program Manager for the use of AC funds , preparing and consolidating the budgetary and financial statements, and preparing budget forecasts and revisions for WHO/WHE activities and staff.
· Producing analytical reports and ad hoc financial reports regularly and as requested by the supervisor and in support of the Grant unit.
· Preparing cost estimates and participating in budget analysis and projections as required.
· Providing technical support to the emergency countries in the region and acts as liaison between the grant team and the different country offices counterpart in relation to Grant management and provide support on all grant related financial analysis and follow up with different stakeholders at the Regional, country and HQ levels.
The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing the travel request and claims and compliance of WHO rules and regulations and coordinate with different program Assistant and travelers for completeness of information and documentation as needed.
· The incumbent will be responsible for generating all the monthly budget monitoring and financial reports and sharing with the Country office management and focal points with a close follow up on gaps and monitoring of corrective actions.
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Producing results
5. Ensuring the effective use of resources
Functional Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of grant processes including accounting and financial reporting.
Strong writing and editing skills.
Ability to interpret complex grant funding requirements, submissions, and budget projections;
Ability to interpret rules and regulations regarding grant administration;
Ability to review the work of others to ensure conformity to standards.
التقديم من هنا