We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
To assist in the success of warehouse operations by ensuring all policies and standard operating procedures are being followed. This role is also focused on operational excellence, process improvement and assisting / training local staff on the deployment of daily work flow, increasing warehouse efficiencies and driving “best in class” quality.
- Ensures an updated stock sheet for all warehouses with no GSI discrepancies.
- Ensures cycle inventory count is performed with-in the plan.
- Conduct the annual inventory count.
- Motivates, organizes and fosters teamwork within the workforce
- Ensures all activities are done through E.H.S procedures and precautions
- Researches, identifies, and implements best practices to ensure lean processes are in place
- Assesses, analyses, and interprets metrics to determine current and future state of warehouse productivity
- Conducts equipment evaluations to ensure optimal productivity
- Creates and distributes action plans
- Conducts time studies to evaluate operational efficiency
- Gathers data, creates reports and makes recommendations to senior management
- Trains, coaches and partners with warehouse leadership to ensure SOPs and processes are followed
- Drafts and updates SOPs
- Creates, manages and tracks KPIs and metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Drives profitability and generates revenue by identifying and eliminating non-value-added activities and recognizing missed opportunities
- Leads operational teams and projects with individuals from various parts of the organization
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems
Safety & Environmental Responsibility Statements
Statutory And Mandatory Requirements
This statement details the safety responsibilities of the post holder. It is intended to provide a means of ensuring that all health, safety, welfare and environmental related aspects of the post are understood. This will assist the Company and the post holder in discharging all safety and environmental-related duties in a safe and professional manner. The following requirements are to be read in conjunction with the ALSTOM Transport Safety & Environment Policy, Company Safety Procedures and all relevant Standards.
As The Current Post Holder, You Must Ensure Personal Compliance, As Far As Reasonably Practicable, With The Local Health And Safety Regulation, Particularly In Respect Of Statutory Provisions With Particular Regard To The Following, You Must
- Ensure that there is no harm to customers, colleagues or the general public.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- Co-operate as far as necessary to enable ALSTOM Transport to discharge their statutory duties.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of safety.
In order to discharge safety responsibilities in a satisfactory manner you are required to:
- Obey all Rules, Regulations and Instructions applicable to the post and those applicable to the post holder.
- Obey instructions given by those in charge at places of work, except where you believe there is an imminent danger to yourself or others.
- Inform local management immediately if others are not obeying relevant Rules, Regulations and Instructions.
Note: Detailed information and advice relating to Occupational and Product safety legislation is available through your departmental head.
General Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
Safety must always be a prime consideration of every person and you are required to ensure that product safety, the safety of people and the environment is never compromised.
To ensure compliance with the general elements of the ALSTOM Transport safety responsibility statements you shall:
- Comply with any control measures that are implemented as a result of any Risk Assessment.
- Participate as required in the risk assessment process.
- Promptly report to your supervisor/manager all accidents, incidents, product safety issues and work-related ill health or near misses that you witness or are involved with.
- Ensure that you are fully aware of the fire precautions and evacuation procedures for any building you are working in or visiting.
- Ensure that all personal protective equipment issued is correctly worn and maintained.
- Assist in safety investigations and closeout any actions / recommendations assigned to you.
- Carry out any product safety work to the defined standards and to the defined methods, advising your Supervisor / Manager if the work allocated is beyond your competence.
- Report any non-conformance against specification / process requirements.
- Ensure that all specified work records are adequately completed and maintained.
- Comply with all environmental legislation with a view to reducing negative environmental impacts.
- Ensure that all spillages are dealt with in accordance with the Spill Control Procedure.
- Use substances only in accordance with the manufacturers’ safety data sheets.
Manage all waste materials in accordance with applicable legislation.
Specific Safety & Environmental Responsibilities Of This Post
The following safety responsibilities have been identified as being applicable to the post. Whilst the list is not exhaustive, it is provided as a general guide to assist the post holder highlighted above:
Occupational E.H.S for the area under your control
- Ensure consideration and application of the Occupational E.H.S Procedures relevant to his activities
- Be aware of, and apply the requirements of the Railway Safety Policy
- Ensure application of the Operational Safety Procedures relevant to his activities
- Identification of environmental aspects and impacts.
- Ensure implementation of all relevant site safety and environmental procedures.
- Undertake inspections of the workplace to identify safety and environmental deficiencies and action as required.
- Ensure that control measures identified through risk and impact assessment, are implemented and maintained.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Type: Experienced
To Apply from HERE: