The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body. We work to change lives by creating opportunities for people to learn and develop. We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications.
Through our English and Exams work we aim to achieve more widespread and better quality teaching and learning of English worldwide and offer access to professional qualifications.
Working with policymakers, government ministers, teachers and learners across the world we help millions of people to access English by supporting the teaching and learning of English in public education systems, and through self-access materials and courses. We teach learners and teachers of English face-to-face in dedicated teaching centres and online through a range of courses. Every year three million people take international exams with help from the British Council, gaining qualifications that can open doors at leading academic institutions and improve employment prospects.
The British Council teaching centres in Egypt are looking to recruit full time teachers to work in the two Cairo centres in Agouza and Heliopolis and the centre in Alexandria.
The Role Purpose
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission
- Undergraduate Degree
- Cambridge CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL.
- High proficiency in English i.e. full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2)
- 2 years post-certificate i.e. CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL experience
- Experience in teaching relevant age groups:
- Adults General English (800+ hours)
- Young adults aged 5-17 (400+ hours)
EAP, ESP courses (400+ hours)
To apply from HERE: