About the Job
We are looking for a self-motivated Legal Assistant to ensure smooth running of the office and effective case management. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal services under the supervision of an attorney.
* Answer telephones and greet clients.
* Respond to clients and provide information to clients.
* Log and distribute incoming mail including regular and electronic mail.
* Set up, organize and maintain paper and electronic filing systems in accordance with recognized procedures and standards.
* Process and track legal work.
* Record and monitor deadlines.
* Update status and tracking reports.
* Collect and retrieve information from files as needed.
* Create, format, revise and edit legal documents such as wills, deeds, affidavits, complaints, subpoenas and briefs.
* Prepare and edit correspondence, minutes, letters, memos, presentations and spreadsheets transcribe dictation.
* Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure accuracy.
* Process and distribute documents effectively.
* Gather case evidence and documentation including medical records, statement of charges, client and witness statements.
* Interview clients to develop cases.
* Plan and schedule appointments, conferences, meetings and travel arrangements for legal staff.
* Coordinate logistics for meetings and conferences.
* Provide administrative support including copying, scanning and faxing.
* Monitor and coordinate the flow of information internally and with external stakeholders.
* Input and track timekeepers’ hours.
* Maintain accurate expense account records.
* Prepare and process expense reports and reconciliations.
* Coordinate client billing process.
* Maintain law libraries.
* Planning and organizational skills.
* Able to adapt to changing priorities and demands.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Problem analysis and resolution.
* Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
* Information collection and management.
* Able to effectively handle sensitive and confidential information.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
* Able to work well under pressure.
* Graduated is a Must.
* Salary Negotiable.
* Full Time Job.
* A legal background experience will be a plus.
* Male or Female candidates are welcome to apply.
If you see yourself a suitable candidate please send your resume on [email protected]