About the Job
- Responsible for all sales activities to include lead generation, prospecting, developing proposals and participation in and closing of the sale. Expected to participate in all opportunities with assigned accounts/territory.
- Establishes relationships with Machinery customers in a designated territory. Interacts with existing and prospective customers in an effort to understand their needs and provide value added solutions.
- Demonstrates and explains the features, advantages and benefits of our products and solutions.
- Completes all the necessary reporting via reports to create records of all customer contacts, sales calls and opportunities won and lost.
- Collaborates with marketing staff to develop marketing materials, sales strategies and promotions to increase sales and promote Construction Equipment products.
- Joins and participates in industry associations and proactively seeks new relationships. Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Monitors market conditions, competitor’s products and pricing.
- Forecasts annual territory sales.
- Meets or exceeds minimum required contact (objective based and value added) with all assigned accounts to continue relationships and enhance knowledge of customers’ business activity and promote recent advances in the machine industry.
- Maintains an accurate customer, activity and machine population information database.
- Negotiates prices, credit terms and calculates financing options with customers; prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Assists customer with establishment and maintenance of credit account in accordance with company credit policies.
- Processes sales related documents for programs and incentives.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules. Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Assists customers with service and/or warranty issues.
- Communicates understanding and support of PICO’s organizational goals. Interact effectively with individuals and departments throughout the company in order to improve overall company performance.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner. Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems.
- Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required
- 2+ years of Machines Sales experience is a MUST
- Knowledge of heavy equipment
- Exceptional consulting, assessment and sales skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Effective training and facilitation skills for large and small groups
- Strategic, analytical, detailed, and able to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Self-motivated and directed with strong leadership experience
To Apply from Here: